This is a one in million opportunity. Why? Well first, the applications we develop empower more than 240,000 co-workers around the world and impact millions of lives every day. And the websites we build help create awareness, develop understanding, facilitate health interactions, advocate for proactive health strategies and much, much more for, drum roll, millions of people every day. This is opportunity on the largest stage you can find. You will work on cutting edge technology because you’re working on a team where ovation is always on the forefront of our minds. UnitedHealth Group and Optum is a career home to some of the best and brightest in health care or anywhere. It’s a performance based environment with unlimited opportunities for technical and professional growth. It’s also the place where you’ll be pushed like you’ve never been pushed before. And that constant drive to do better is why you’ll soon find yourself doing your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- We consider ourselves to be a leading technology company that’s serving the health care system.
- The development environment is very fast-paced and constantly changing.
- You will be called upon to present ideas and systems to our leadership teams.
- We’re using advanced development methodologies (Agile/Scrum) that involve a lot of close collaboration.
- This is a performance culture and there will be times when you will need to go the extra mile to help meet tight deadlines.
- Some of our work involves developing commercial software products for the government sector including State Health Care Exchanges.
What We Are Looking For
- You will need to have prior experience in large-scale environments using methodologies such as: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum and Six Sigma.
- We put a premium on having strong business acumen in the health care, insurance or financial industries.
- In addition to the technical skills requirements of each role, we look for candidates who have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Explore Applications & Web Development Careers
Lead Software Engineer
In this role, you will be a principle contributor to the design and architecture of powerful, effective solutions that enable secure, scalable, and maintainable services.
Senior Software Engineer
A Senior Software Engineer will work on product domain technology in an Agile environment with the goal and mission to deliver business value in the here and now. And along the way, impact the future forever.
Web Application Developer
This position offers the opportunity to join an emerging department and work on new technology and digital health applications that dramatically improve the security, simplicity, speed, efficiency or experience of health care.