What if you could greatly increase your impact, open yourself to incredible career opportunities and still be working at your highest level of compassion? You can. UnitedHealth Group provides all of the above while putting you among one of the largest, most diverse and high energy clinical teams in the United States. Our nurses work in a variety of capacities to address the needs of our members and coordinate their care across a spectrum of health providers. This includes opportunities for you to positively impact members in our community including Case Management, Utilization Review, Prior Authorization, Quality, Complex Conditions, Advanced Illness, Hospice and more.
We offer incredible opportunities for growth and leadership development through courses and mentorship programs. Many of our leadership positions allow you to provide patient care while leveraging your clinical leadership experience through the direct oversight of a team of talented clinicians who deliver cutting edge care. Your compassion, commitment and energy can help transform health care and result in your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
We are participating in Medicare STARS Ratings and strive for the highest quality of care with every interaction.
- You will leverage and maximize your business operations skills and competences and continue to grow into nursing leadership positions.
- Many of our jobs require diplomacy as you coordinate care with primary care givers and support teams.
- In telephonic roles, you will be called upon to multi-task as you interpret patient information, do notation and engage in dialogue simultaneously.
- Your work may happen in an office setting, from home or in a clinic, so you’ll need to be able to direct your own work and be responsible for your time.
- You will need to spend a considerable amount of time at the computer for planning, documentation, training and team coordination.
What We Are Looking For
- You must have a current, unrestricted nursing license within the state where you will be working.
- To qualify for one of our Nursing Leadership roles, we prefer you have a BSN degree.
- You should be adept in using complex medical terminology and codes.
- Your ability to navigate and enter data into a clinical database will be vital to your success in all of our roles.
- Strong problem-solving skills are needed to help you identify reasonable and proactive solutions to standard and non-standard requests and problems.
- We look for demonstrated customer service orientation with ability to steer difficult conversations to a positive outcome.
- Prior clinical experience is a requirement for these positions while a background in managed care is preferred.
- You should be self-directed and work well in a performance oriented setting.
Explore Nurse and Nurse Leadership Careers
Case Management is a vital role contributing to the quality of care we deliver to our members. Discover the different career opportunities in Case Management here.
Utilization Management RN
We're not only concerned about the health of each member, we also focus on making the health system work better for everyone. Utilization Management RNs ensure that care plans are designed to fit the individual needs of each and every person we work with.
Advanced Illness and Hospice RNs
This is an area for people who have exceptional abilities to connect with patients and their families at a time that is often stressful. It's not easy, but for the right candidate this is an area with rewarding challenges and the knowledge that you are truly making a difference in the lives of others.
Director of Medical and Clinical Operations
Clinical Operations leaders are designing the development and implementation of programs and products that make us a leader in the health care industry. This could be your opportunity to direct the delivery of care in order to support better health outcomes across our member base..
Manager of Case Management
Here is an opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled clinicians across the entire continuum of care. This is where you can utilize your leadership, organizational skills and most importantly compassion to have an impact on the care we deliver to our members.