Here’s an idea that may raise your pulse. It’s all about how you can raise your game with one of our country’s largest employers of Pharmacy professionals. Get to know OptumRx, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and you’ll be amazed by how much impact you can have and how many directions your career can take. We contribute to the well-being of patients in a variety of ways. Our Clinical Pharmacists provide pharmacotherapy consultations over the phone, within a cutting-edge, clinical setting. Other Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians help keep our expanding business focused, collaborative, and an innovation leader in the pharmacy benefit management (PBM) industry. Optum alone serves more than 13.5 million people through state-of-the-art mail service pharmacies and a national network of more than 67,000 community pharmacies. We also offer challenging opportunities in Pharmaceutical Research where you’ll have access to one of the world’s largest collections of data on treatments and outcomes. Explore our opportunities to utilize your expertise in a highly professional environment where the workplace is less stressful and interaction with other pharmacists and health professionals is abundant. You’ll soon realize that this is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
If you're looking for a career with rewarding challenges, this is the place to find it. You can expect the following from one of our Pharmacy positions:
- This is a fast-paced environment where change is a constant.
- Our pharmacology work takes place mainly over the phone where you will interact with providers and members to determine the proper medicines needed for treatment.
- You’ll need to think outside the box – identifying and recommending medications that will help prevent and effectively manage chronic disease.
- Our positions require strict attention to detail as you provide sound, evidence-based pharmacotherapy consultation within a system of established policies and procedures.
- Our focus on patients ensures that solutions are in their best interests while achieving maximum cost efficiency.
What We Are Looking For
Trust us. This is not a job for everyone. It takes a special kind of person who is creative, self-motivated and flexible, to thrive in our environment. You'll also need:
- We require licensure as a Pharmacist.
- Higher level positions will require a Masters, MD or PhD.
- Experience within managed care and with Medicare/Medicaid is highly preferred.
- Licenses are required for employees handling prescriptions and some leadership positions.
- Successful researchers will have strong technical programming experience (EG. SQL).
- A license is not required for entry level pharmacy clerk positions.
Explore Pharmacy Careers
Clinical Pharmacists at UnitedHealth Group have the most opportunity for development at one of the nation's largest and most respected pharmacy benefit providers. You will have the ability to work in a variety of pharmacological fields, from disease management, drug utilization, research and direct patient coordination.
Working within a highly evolved pharmacy mail order computer system, Pharmacy Clerks manage drug inventory level to ensure we continue to deliver the highest level of customer service. Joining us as a Pharmacy Clerk means you'll find the most opportunity for career growth and potential.
Pharmacy Technicians work in a vibrant, exciting environment where the pace is ambitious and your impact is immediate. Working with licensed Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians compound and fill prescription orders and ensure patients receive the proper medication in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Pharmacy Research Analyst and Scientist
As a Pharmacy Research Analyst you will use the data from millions of patient interactions to make the health system work better for everyone. If you were looking for a brilliant way to enhance your already brilliant experience, find your way over to us.
Pharmacy Technician Fulfillment
UnitedHealth Group and Optum continue to grow our reputation and our footprint in pharmacy benefits. Fulfillment Technicians manually fill prescriptions and assist our inventory team in replenishing shelves and automated dispensing machines. Efficiency is key in this role as it helps us maintain a high level of customer service delivery.