This is a one in million opportunity. Why? Well first, the applications we develop empower more than 180,000 co-workers around the world and impact millions of lives every day. And the websites we build help create awareness, develop understanding, facilitate health interactions, advocate for proactive health strategies and much, much more for, drum roll, millions of people every day. This is opportunity on the largest stage you can find. You will work on cutting edge technology because you’re working on a team where innovation is always on the forefront of our minds. This is a career home to some of the best and brightest in health care or anywhere. It’s a performance based environment with unlimited opportunities for technical and professional growth. It’s also the place where you’ll be pushed like you’ve never been pushed before. And that constant drive to do better is why you’ll soon find yourself doing your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- While we have the spirit of a start-up, as a publicly traded company in a highly regulated industry, we also have some restraints relevant to data security, protection of patient information and investor protections.
- Our resources and financial strength come from the size of our organization. But so does the need for structure and that means working with software tools and data sets that we’re sharing across the enterprise.
- Our size and complexity will require you to learn how to navigate our enterprise and find the resources you need within our technology teams.
- We have a vision, but we’re still building. It will take resilience and leadership on everyone’s part to help us build an organization that can achieve incredible results.
What We Are Looking For
- You will need to have substantial software engineering experience involving development and commercialization of novel products.
- Agile and Scrum experience is desirable.
- The size and structure of our organization requires ability to develop relationships and collaborate effectively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- We seek people who have a sense of urgency to do it first and do it best.
Explore Software Engineering Careers
Our applications development team participates in all phases of the software development life cycle. Our application portfolio spans from IBM Mainframe to Midrange to Web 2.0 solutions. We have over 400 applications and deliver nearly 5 million hours of application development services each year through our global teams.
In this role you'll build, maintain, and tune the databases that hold the lifeblood of this organization - data. We have a large-scale, managed services environment with Oracle, SQL Server, DB2/UDB, and Sybase platforms.
IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager you'll lead project teams to ensure that high quality technology solutions are delivered to meet our business needs. From technology infrastructure, to internal applications and commercial software, you'll find opportunities to use your structured project management skills to deliver success.
IT Senior Manager
As an IT Senior Manager, you'll connect with business partners, set vision, strategies, and goals as you ensure delivery of quantifiable business results. You'll be a mentor, an influence and someone who helps create the next generation of leaders.
IT Senior Operations Manager
As an IT Senior Operations Manager, you’ll have a direct impact on our customers. In this role, your people and technology skills will come in to play daily as you help support more than 55,000 internal customers (domestic and international), more than 1,000 applications, desktops, telephones and networks.
IT Systems Architect
In this role, you’ll create the road maps for our future by developing technology architectures that will take our company forward as we help change health care forever. You'll help us shape a world-class customer experience and automate the health services industry by leveraging the appropriate technology solutions for our many business needs.
Our Network Engineers design and build world-class voice, data and video networks that enable our business and our customers to connect. In support of our domestic and international employees and partners. As a member of this team, you'll work on industry-leading voice and data networks, including 60,000 digital phones; 3,000 telecommuting employees and over 90 domestic and four international service centers.
In this role, you’ll build commercial software products that automate critical aspects of the health and pharmaceutical industries. You will help develop and deliver more than 100 commercial software products to our various businesses annually.
As health care becomes more accessible and populations continue to age, more and more people are counting on us to help with ever more complex health situations. If the last three decades have proven anything, they’ve shown that every industry is bound to have their own “moment” when technology introduces dramatic and disruptive change. Our moment is upon us.
More about Software Engineering Careers