Why Choose Our Leadership Acceleration Program?
The more you learn about Optum, the more you realize that this is a company that can size up and seize upon marketplace opportunity like no one else in health care. A growing part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, Optum is an organization of smart, agile and focused business professionals who are doing everything we can to help make the health care system work better for everyone. Our consulting team here is bringing what we’ve learned in the marketplace to hospitals, health systems, insurers and other market participants in ways that help them streamline their business, improve their services and build their future. Speaking of that; we’re building our future by introducing new grads to the consulting profession through this dynamic and intense leadership development program. This is an opportunity to test your business acumen, analytical skills and communications ability by working directly with customers, allowing you to learn at an amazing pace. If you want a future in health care consulting, you want to be in this program. It’s the first (gigantic) step in your life’s best work. SM
What you Need To Know
- This program is focused on our consultative business areas involving health care process, operations, product development and technology.
- There is as much as 80% travel involved.
- In addition to challenging assignments, we lean heavily on networking, mentoring and interface with high levels of leadership to accelerate your learning.
- We are a complex and highly matrixed organization that requires you to solve for ambiguity in many of your role responsibilities.
- You should be very comfortable working in a performance oriented culture that requires a high level of personal drive and self-direction.
What We Are Looking For
- You should be enrolled in a full time degree program covering the disciplines of Marketing, Business, Communications, Advertising or Public Relations.
- Strong team and collaborative skills are essential.
- We seek people who are adept at writing and persuasive communications.
- You should be able to work effectively with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience involving customer relations or customer satisfaction work can be helpful for these positions.
The people at UnitedHealth Group are a diverse collection of some of the smartest professionals, and every person contributes something of themselves to our mission of helping people live healthier lives.Individually, we are dreamers, dancers, explorers, inventors and tinkerers
This is Marissa's first job out of college, and she's part of our Leadership Acceleration Program. It helps young professionals learn how to thrive in the health care industry, and Marissa is quick to share that she's learning valuable skills in a supportive environment. She also wants to "pay it forward". That's why she volunteers with the Leaders of Tomorrow, a mentoring program that helps high school students learn the skills they need to succeed in college. She appreciates the chance to encourage students the way others have encouraged her. To her delight, she's discovered that the rewards are more than professional, they're also reciprocal.