Why Choose Our Consulting Development Program?
The high performers. The challengers. The insatiably curious risk-taking brainiacs who have compassion for the world around them. These are the people of our Consulting Development Program (CDP) with Optum. The more you learn about Optum, the more you realize that this is a company that can size up and seize upon marketplace opportunity like no one else in health care. As a growing part of the Unitedhealth Group family of companies, Optum is a continuous leader in innovation by combining technology, data and expertise to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care.
Through our Consulting Development Program, our consulting team here is bringing what we’ve learned in the marketplace to hospitals, health systems, insurers and other market participants in ways that help them streamline their business, improve their services and build their future. We’re building our future by introducing new grads to the consulting profession through this dynamic and intense leadership development program. This is an opportunity to test your business acumen, analytical skills and communications ability by working directly with customers, allowing you to learn at an amazing pace. If you want a future in health care consulting, you want to be in this program. It could be the start of your life’s best work. SM
What You Need To Know
- This program is focused on our consultative business areas involving health care process, operations, product development and technology.
- There is as much as 80% travel involved.
- In addition to challenging assignments, we lean heavily on networking, mentoring and interface with high levels of leadership to accelerate your learning.
- We are a complex and highly matrixed organization that requires you to solve for ambiguity in many of your role responsibilities.
- You will wear many hats in this position by providing end-to-end consulting services and serving as a subject matter expert on various functions and work streams.
- You should be very comfortable working in a performance oriented culture that requires a high level of personal drive and self-direction.
What We Are Looking For
- You should have a degree or be nearing completion of a degree in a business related field, however all degrees are welcome.
- Strong team and collaborative skills are essential.
- We seek people who are highly flexible and have an aptitude to work in a consultative environment.
- You should be proficient in MS Office.
- Strong communication skills are essential for these positions.
"Through a variety of client work, trainings, and internal projects; CDP has given me the opportunity to see health care from the perspective of its multiple actors, and understand how each is intertwined with one another—from the most minute details, to the decisions with broad impact that keep the health care system running. In addition, I found it refreshing to work in an environment with other intelligent, like-minded individuals who genuinely care about doing their best work for the client and Optum as a whole." - Faziah S.