Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s
growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care
adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead?
Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part
of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Excela
and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family
of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our
resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your
desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your
life’s best work.
All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list
includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to
work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time
when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an
important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive
ways. Join this group and we’ll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover
the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect
from a Fortune 6 leader.
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality
experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy,
communications style and effectiveness. Also, you’ll need to be researching and
resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume,
The Medical Information
Management Technician performs all clerical functions necessary to organize
and maintain patient medical records in an electronic format. Provide health
information within established guidelines. Specialized clerical assignments may
vary depending on departmental needs. Submits productivity sheet every week to
the Senior Systems Analyst and Supervisor. Expected to maintain accuracy and
productivity standards as specified in departmental policies.
- TIME / ATTENDANCE
- Regular, consistent, on - site and timely attendance
- RECORD PROCESSING (any or all of the following):
- Remove any obvious barriers that would impede scanning
- Ensure all documents are legible and belong to the correct patient
- Group the documents according to department procedure
- Finalize the batch and complete discharge lists accordingly
- Set up the batch using appropriate batch scanning equipment
- Scan images to ensure high quality, legible documents
- Finalize batch and record data on batch cover sheet
- Utilizes single document scanning equipment as necessary for scanning individual documents into the electronic record
- QUALITY CONTROL and VALIDATION
- Review scanned images and add missing pages or delete any that should not have been scanned (blank forms)
- Ensure pages are legible and correctly oriented, for the correct patient and encounter
- Review the entire hard copy chart to verify all pages needing scanned appear
- Verify a new document was created every time a barcode was scanned
- Manually split any without legible barcodes or that were incorrectly grouped
- Ensure that the documents have been assigned the correct document type and belong to the correct patient
- Finalize batch and record data on batch cover sheet
- QUALITY REVIEW
- Check each scanned document to verify that the scanned images went to the correct patient, correct encounter and correct location within HERO
- Record information on the batch cover sheet
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Receives customers and/or answers telephone courteously, determines need, and responds appropriately.
- Fulfills customer requests by making photocopies of records, faxing records (verifies fax numbers)
- HOSPITAL INFORMATION SYSTEM / CHART MAINTENANCE
- Accesses and understands visit information, patient types, patient locations, previous medical record number information
- Accesses / retrieves / prints information from the EMR
- Orders charts stored off - site; assures charts are returned to off - site storage
- Retrieves discharged records from nursing units and validates receipt
- DATA ENTRY
- Verifies data and accurately enters codes into the Star Abstracting system
- Maintains accuracy rate as determined by departmental standards
- DEATH CERTIFICATES
- Notifies physician to complete death certificate.
- Verifies that information is completed correctly.
- Notifies Funeral Home that death certificate is complete.
- Utilizes eCedent software when applicable to complete electronic death certificate process.
- CHART ANALYSIS AND SUSPENSION PROCEDURE
- Completes and distributes Chart Count Notice
- Updates and distributes Reminder Notice
- Determines physicians and / or allied health professionals to be suspended
- Prepares and distributes Suspension Notice
- Prepares and distributes Notice of Reinstatement
- Assists physicians / allied health professionals to assure deficiencies are completed
- Reviews each record for chart deficiencies and assigns correct deficiency and status
- Determines missing dictated reports, accesses Nuance system to check status
- Sorts, distributes and files reports into mailboxes; prepares envelopes for outgoing US mail and courier deliveries
- Sorts and distributes mail for internal distribution
- Delivers outgoing mail to mailroom
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Previous experience in medical records department, physician office or related medical or hospital area.
- Ability to work up to 16 hours per week Mon to Fri between the hours of 9am and 11pm. Occasional weekend rotation 1 weekend every 7 weeks.
- Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of basic Office Equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and office equipment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all members of the health care team
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing
power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is
where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have
never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and
securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most
easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and
lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work
together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your
life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal
Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical records,
medical terminology, records processing, document review, customer service,
data entry, chart maintenance