Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Linguistics or related technical field
- 3+ years in an individual contributor role as a hands-on developer, non-managerial role and executing on data science and programming projects as primary part of the job
- 2+ years of experience in natural language processing and applying it to practical real-world problems
- Strong proficiency in natural language processing and applying it to practical real-world problems
- Strong proficiency in advanced data science tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark and H2O
- Familiarity with wrangling large datasets with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and especially unstructured data
- Experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations using, for example, Tableau, Shiny or D3
- Expert ability to breakdown and clearly define problems
- Strong ability to communicate highly technical results to a diverse audience
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior NLP Data Scientist, telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote