For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
Licensed Counselors conduct telephonic, in-person, on-line (chat) and video consultations with individual members. Provides clinical expertise to conduct a thorough assessment of risk to self or others, clinical screening for substance abuse and medical co-morbidities for member calls. Solution Focused Consultation, Motivational Interviewing and short term problem resolution are the clinical modalities used to develop an individualized action plan. Within the context of the consultation, the EAP Counselors guide individuals to appropriate benefits and resources provided by employer, community, and other cross-carrier vendors. EAP Counselors coordinate and facilitate the response to high risk situations through consultation with licensed staff.
***This position is onsite at Philadelphia International Airport***
- Provide resources, consultation, coaching and guidance to non-licensed EAP Specialists as designated National Point of Contact
- Conduct telephonic, in-person, on-line (chat) and video consultations with individual members
- Provide support, education, and coordination with on-site vendors
- Provide consultation and disposition on ‘risk’ calls with non-licensed EAP Specialists
- Engage individually with member to clinically and holistically assess the reason for call and presenting needs including, issues impacting the individual’s personal wellbeing, emotional and physical health, and personal safety
- Independently conduct thorough assessment of risk of harm to self, or others; assist with safety planning and coordinating services with emergency personnel and hospital staff in order to access appropriate level of care and ongoing support. Coordinate follow-up care and services to individuals and organizations, as appropriate
- Develop next steps and identify meaningful goals and resources utilizing Solution Focused Consultation model.
- Provide appropriate type of service based on member’s presentation, clinical history and needs and accurately differentiate between EAP and BH services
- Formulate short term problem resolution plan of action, and provide Full Benefit Exploration reviewing the appropriate tools and resources to support the plan, and offer and refer clients to additional benefits including access to Specialty Help Center Specialists, Health Coaches, Health Advisors, and community resources as appropriate
- Authorize additional services including behavioral health, and/or contracted EAP and behavioral health network providers
- Formulate accurate description of member’s clinical presentation in their individual clinical records and maintaining appropriate records, case notes, forms and reports as well as database entries
- Quote and explain benefit coverage to members and providers; follow appropriate benefit procedures
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Participate in staff meetings, case consultations, and training opportunities
- Consult as required with licensed peers and supervisors
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related mental health field
- Independent clinical mental health license, such as Licensed Psychologist (L.P.), LCSW, LSW, LMFT, LPC (or PsyD)
- 3+ years of clinical experience in a behavioral health setting
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work onsite daily at the Philadelphia International Airport
- Previous EAP experience
- Experience working with addiction (SUD experience)
- Ability to work with a culturally and geographically diverse population
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively with other professional team members
- Demonstrate the ability to build rapport, assess and address risk, and develop goals with members in a telephonic, and/or online
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP, CEAP, Employee Assistance, Psychologist, Social Worker, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Therapist, Counselor, LPC, LP, LMFT, LCSW, Philadelphia, Airport, PA