Role & Responsibilities:
- An integral part of the Payment Integrity Compass team, the Health Care Insurance Contract Analyst will maintain responsibility for the analysis, modeling, interpretation and loading of healthcare/managed care insurance contracts in the Payment Integrity Compass application.
- Analyze, interpret and load healthcare insurance contract data into the Payment Integrity Compass system
- Provide quantitative analysis in validating payer contract reimbursements against Payment Integrity Compass system calculations using patient accounting data
- Research new calculation methodologies, contract reimbursement terms, and payment formulae
- Provide functional client support via phone, e-mail and chat
- Work directly with the client to provide high customer satisfaction
- Identify and document new service opportunities
- Provide training to clients on programming and validating contracts using the Payment Integrity Compass system
- Update and maintain existing client contract post-implementation
- 0-1 yrs of client management or project management experience in a professional work environment
- Atleast a Bachelor's Degree
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and able to articulate thoughts
- Degree in math, economics or finance
- Experience working in the US health care industry
- Experience independently managing project milestones
- Experience building client relationships
- Some course work or a basic understanding of simple computer programming
- Ability to understand/write algorithmic type logic
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, formula calculations, and V-look ups
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.