No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy & Planning, the Program Communications Director will lead communication strategy, approach and component delivery for an organization of 20K+ employees domestically & globally. This requires ability to gain strong stakeholder engagement, ability to be tech savvy, handle community relations and manage program communication plans and strategies for all of Optum Technology. This role also supports and interfaces with the corporation’s Communications team and Marketing team. This position will also interface with the senior leadership team in Optum Tech.
This person will be responsible for the development and execution of the program and organizational communication and change management strategies. You will develop communications and change management artifacts for programs and the organization as needed. This individual serves as our organization’s technical authority on all marketing, communications and branding matters that impact Optum Technology.
If you are located in Eden Prairie, MN, Boston, MA, Basking Ridge, NJ or Hartford, CT, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops and maintains visual and written materials to convey information concerning complex programs and functions to a diverse stakeholder and population with various levels of understanding of the programs
- Works with the program teams and segment change management leads to ensure consistent change management methodologies and communications
- Develops and implements strategic plans for communications
- Understand the development of the program plan initiatives to enable deployment and change management with our stakeholders, program teams, and Optum Technology
- Orchestrates execution of communications, understands issues, reviews plans
- Drives the strategy for and maintains the Optum Technology Hub Connect and Content Management site
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Works with the Senior Leadership team to gain approval for communications and change management
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to divisional program communications resources
- Provides leadership for all communication plans, especially during change management initiatives
- Ensures communications are consistent and vetted by respective owners
- 5+ years of experience in technology industry
- 5+ years of internal communications experience within a matrixed organization
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Prior people management experience
- 5+ years of professional writing, presentation building, and/or editing experience
- 5+ years of experience with intranets
- Intermediate proficiency within Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert knowledge and skill to organize, direct and manage broad comprehensive and complex communication campaigns
- Based in one of the following locations: Eden Prairie, MN, Boston, MA, Hartford, CT or Basking Ridge, NJ
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Experience with change management
- Social media experience (i.e., blogs, pod casting, etc.)
- Knowledge of advanced communication methods concepts and practices
- Global experience
- Prior experience with Net Promoter and/or satisfaction driving improved constituent experience, market research strategies, completing driving analysis and successful execution of strategic improvement plans
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internal Communications Director, Technology, Senior Leadership, Intranets, Eden Prairie, MN, Boston, MA, Basking Ridge, NJ, Hartford, CT