The Clinical & Admin Data Services Management Team is focused on building clinical data exchanges with providers in order to improve data accuracy and quality of care as part of UHC’s collective clinical programs. This includes the focus to: Improve the completeness and timeliness of provider data Integration by leveraging industry leading standards for data sharing and technology enablement, delivery of an integrated prospective and retrospective HEDIS processing, and simplification of provider onboarding and data submission.
The primary role of the developer is to take the design and technical specifications and develop effective and high quality technical solutions that meet the business requirements. This role is based in our corporate offices in Minnetonka, MN.
- Participate in design, development and maintenance of complex solutions to various audiences, influencing and negotiating to a high-quality product
- Integrate functional and non-functional requirements in High-Level Designs, including balancing technical trade-offs and risk mitigation at the program level
- Partner with Technical team in optimizing and automating Provider onboarding, File ingestion, End to end Provider life cycle management, Dashboarding and Reporting processes
- Develop and automate ETL processes that involve data cleansing, error, reconciliation handling and process monitoring utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DataStage, Talend or other enterprise ETL tool
- Develop and maintain system and workflow automation tools on Unix (Linux) and Windows platforms
- Ad-Hoc development of tools, scripts and processes for critical needs. Focused on speed of delivering, accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including facilitation, influencing and negotiation
- Assist with defect, incident, change and problem management
- 2+ years of systems software development experience, expertise in Java, C++ or C#, Perl and Shell scripting
- 2+ years development/implementation experience as an integration/data warehouse/database /ETL developer
- 1+ years experience of complex text file/data processing (XML, JSON, ANSI X12, HL7) and data integration automation and optimization
- 1+ years of experience with MS SQL Server Client, TOAD, MS Access, or equivalents
- Experience with Windows Server and UNIX automation including file movement, file parsing and intersystem interaction
- Working knowledge of REST and web services APIs.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
- Member encounter/clinical data experience
- Experience in healthcare including EMR, Health Insurance, Acute care, Post-Acute, Health Systems, and HIE
- Experience with writing business requirements for clinical data applications and data interfaces
- Knowledge of leading Provider EMR systems including Epic, Cerner, GE, Allscripts, Meditech or HIE
- Experience with standard health care file format including CCD, CCDA, HL7 etc.
- Experienced designing EMR, HIE, or other provider or clinical data integration systems
- HEDIS/Stars experience
- Experience with integration technologies including: Ensemble, Cache, HealthShare or other interoperability platforms such as Mirth, Orion Rhapsody, Cloverleaf, eGate, JCAPS, InterSystems, Optum, etc.
- Experience with both common and emerging interoperability standards such as HL7 V2.x, CCD, C - CDA XML V3, IHE profile, FHIR
- Experience using Agile delivery methods
- EMR system experience
- Medicare experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills including explaining complex concepts, negotiation and persuasion, conflict resolution, and presenting to executive levels management
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously , adapt to a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: system developer, systems developer, business analyst, business analysis, senior analyst, senior business analyst, Minnetonka, MN, UHG, UHC, Optum, UnitedHealth, healthcare, Medicare, data services, clinical data, software development, software implementation, data warehouse, database, Java, SQL