Positions in this function maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports. Performs account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles. Analyzes and prepares financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position. Involved in the monthly/quarterly 'close' process. Prepares documentation in support of external and internal audits. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions focused in Full Cycle Accounts Payable and other business areas
- Vendor management, setting up and processing payments
- Month end close accounting support
- Back up support billing for products, services
- Journal entries, account reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Support for AR, Billing, Collection teams
- Works independently
- Mentors others
- Acts as a resource for others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Business preferred
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable
- Equivalent combination of work and military experience would also be considered
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel (v-look ups)
- Peoplesoft or similar software experience preferred
At UnitedHealth Group, we're transforming something as important as health care with the best people in the industry and we're doing it on a global scale. So let's get you started on making the most impact and doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.