Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
New Pueblo Medicine, now part of Optumcare has six board-certified internal medicine physicians, a board certified dedicated physician hospitalist, a certified nurse-practitioner and a dedicated team of additional health professionals. An anticoagulation clinic, diabetes education, a traveler's clinic, urgent care services, on-site Pharmacist, Behavioral Health Specialists and Care Management and Care Coordination services ensure that our patients have convenient access to a wide range of health services and programs. Our patient centered-medical home practice provides care that is proactive, preventive, acute, chronic, long term and even end-of-life replacing standard care that was less coordinated and episodic.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Nurse Practitioner-Certified (NP-C) or PA-C serves as an additional patient care provider, augmenting the services and extending the availability of patient care provided by the practice’s health care team. The NP/PA-C will exercise his or her patient care and medical decision-making autonomy within established clinical parameters mutually agreed to and set forth upon hire, and will provide a broad range of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive services as defined within those clinical parameters. The expected patient population encountered by the NP-C/PA-C will range from the accepted age for young patients to geriatric patients. The Nurse Practitioner/PA-C functions as an integral part of the clinical team lending support to other staff as needed.
**Please note: We will assist candidate wanting to relocate to Tucson, AZ**
- Obtains patient histories and performs physical examinations
- Orders and/or performs and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/tests
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Formulates working diagnoses for patients
- Develops and implements treatment plans
- Monitors therapeutic efficacy of treatment plans
- Documents in the patient medical record all pertinent clinical findings in standard SOAP format and in accordance with accepted evaluation and management (E&M) documentation guidelines
- Provides patient counseling, education and coordination of care as necessary
- Makes appropriate patient referrals to practice physicians and other health care providers
- Lends assistance to practice clinical assistants (certified medical assistants, LPN’s) as needed
- Lends assistance to and provides solutions for appointment scheduling personnel for patient triage problems as requested
- Performs other clinical duties as directed by collaborating physician(s), including but not limited to hospital and nursing home rounds (as sanctioned by the state board of nursing and the hospitals/nursing homes involved)
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer for personnel matters and concerns, including requests for leave, continuing medical education approval and absences from work
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer for operational issues such as patient scheduling, medical assistance provided by the practice’s certified medical assistants and LPN’s, and for other patient flow matters
- Completes the provider section of managed care referral forms as required for referral to specialty care and/or diagnostic testing as mandated by each individual patient’s health insurance plan
- Completes the clinical portion of third-party payer inquiries and disability forms as required/requested by billing personnel and/or the Operations Manager or practice physicians
- Completes patient return to work/school certificates and other associated patient care forms
- Provides physician vacation coverage pursuant to the New Pueblo Medicine Physician Coverage policy
- Participates in monthly office meetings or as otherwise requested for unscheduled meeting
- Completes and signs timecard on biweekly basis
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (MSN required) or Physician Assistant Program
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Certification in Primary Care, Geriatric, Adult or Physician Assistant certification
- Two years professional Nurse Practitioner/PA-C experience in a clinical setting
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA-C licensure in State of Practice or ability to obtain
- Prescribing authority or ability to obtain
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: nurse practitioner, physician assistant, Tucson, AZ, Arizona