For you, it’s all about the details. Because you understand that getting everything exactly right ultimately helps people live healthier lives. Here at UnitedHealth Group, we couldn’t agree more. If you want to play a role in inventing the future of health care, here's your opportunity. Join us today.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform quality control of CPT and ICD coding of requisitions and pathology reports performed by Medical Coding Representatives and lab operations with adherence to the AmeriPath QA / QC process
- Provide coaching, training, and mentorship to coding team
- Input coding discrepancies in master database providing monthly statistics to management
- Conduct training for coding associates on errors found in QC process, complete and retain appropriate documentation of all training sessions delivered
- Research coding errors identified in Compliance audits, conduct additional training related to errors found in audits
- Serves as backup for all frontend billing system edits
- Rejection and denial review and corrections
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on coding LIS enhancements as needed (all LIS systems Ameripath codes for)
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on billing system related coding enhancements as needed
- Serve as project leader on coding initiatives (updates, corrections, new coding changes) as needed
- Train coding team on new coding enhancements/rollouts
- Collaborate with Coding Compliance on trends in coding findings and changes in coding policies
- Perform quality assurance of new functionality in any of our LIS systems as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Opportunity for career growth and ability to work from home.
High School Diploma or GED
Active AAPC coding credential
5 years medical coding experience in Anatomic Pathology with intermediate to advanced understanding of Oncology, Cytology, Dermatology, Molecular, Esoteric and HemOnc coding
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications
Must adhere to confidentiality practices
Ability to work independently
Strong understanding of Ameripath LIS systems (Pathway*, Winsurge*, Copath*, AS400, Intellipath) * Denotes core Ameripath systems
Strong desire for providing quality and initiating corrective measures based on found results
Intermediate Excel skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CPC, AAPC, Medical Coder, auditing, ICD-10, telecommute