- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ year of experience in managed care environment or 3+ years in a medical office or clinic setting as a medical assistant or a referral coordinator
- Bilingual in Spanish, written and verbal fluency skills
- Knowledge of UM / QM processes and principles
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong ability to work effectively with nurses, physicians and other clinical and operational staff, both written and verbally
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Inpatient coordinator, Referral coordinator, medical assistant, managed care, case management coordinator, La Palma, Cerritos, Cypress, Long Beach, CA, California, AppleCare Medical Management