You’ve been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. Now that you’ve learned to lead and build a deep expertise in health care network operations, it is time to set your sights on having more impact in more ways. Join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. As a leader within our network contracting team, you’ll help to guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you’ll find that you can make a real impact while enjoying the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
Ready for a challenge? You will need all your leadership skills and creativity as you manage and develop provider networks that achieve performance objectives. As a result, there is a high level of visibility and accountability for results.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Lead the development of new concepts, technologies and products to meet emerging customer requirements
- Direct cross-functional and/or industry-wide teams with segment-wide and/or enterprise-wide impact
- Influence senior management decisions that impact business direction
- Ability to manage direct staff for internal development
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 7+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 5+ years of large hospital system contracting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Must live within a commutable distance of this specific career opportunity
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time within AR and TN
Creating and fine tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Leadership experience managing direct staff
- Exposure to Value Based Contracting
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Associate Director, Remote, Arkansas, Tennessee, Memphis, Little Rock, Brentwood