Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
The statements listed below are not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the position. Based on leadership decisions and business needs, “all other duties as assigned” will be expected for each position.
The VA Relations Specialist (LHI) will maintain a successful working relationship between LHI and network providers through working with many varied clinical delivery systems. Being able to understand and identify the best alignment of appointment requirements to clinical times available within the varied clinical delivery systems. Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure the most efficient use of time to accomplish department goals and contract requirements.
- Assess and resolve scheduling concerns, developing and implementing solutions in many varied clinical delivery systems.
- Negotiate days and times that align provider needs and LHI business objectives.
- Manually assign appointments to qualified providers using the current provider network.
- Continually communicate with Veteran Services team members and other departments to accomplish mission tasks related to scheduling procedures.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with rotating Saturday shift every other week from 7:00am to 4:00pm
- 1+ years related experience (provider relations, network management, customer service, negotiations, account services and / or account management)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets and general navigation) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Marketing and Communications or healthcare related field
- 2+ years of experience in provider relations, network management, customer service, negotiations, account services and / or account management
- Medical, dental, or healthcare insurance experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Database experience / education a plus
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities and in making work related decisions within internal departments
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships while demonstrating a clear understanding of complex internal business structures
- Proven ability to effectively problem solve while utilizing strong customer service skill sets
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- The ability to speak clearly and concisely while conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical
practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: La Crosse, WI, provider relations, network management, customer service, VA, Optum, OptumCare, UHG, UnitedHealth Group