Monarch HealthCare is one of the largest associations of physicians and health care professionals in Orange County and Long Beach. Our network gives you lots of access to specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing, urgent care and more so you have the perfect fit for good health. Monarch is part of OptumCare, a care delivery organization that improves patient health and helps make health care work better.
As an RN Case Manager with UnitedHealth Group, you'll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today!
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs
- Prepares individuals for physician visits
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Manages utilization through education
- Identifies problems or gaps in care offering opportunity for intervention
- Assists members in sorting through their benefits and making choices.
- Takes in-bound calls and places out-bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs.
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current, unrestricted RN license for the state of California
- 2 years of clinical experience as an RN Case Manager (preferably in a managed care or ambulatory setting)
- Strong inbound and outbound telephonic skills
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet) with the ability to navigate a Windows environment and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- 3+ years Clinical RN experience
- CCM (Certified Case Manager)
- Coaching and / or decision support experience
- Managed care experience
- Understanding of change and ability to move members along the continuum of change
- Intermediate or expert level of proficiency with being able to assess and identify needs and being able to influence and motivate
- Conflict management skills
- Able to work under pressure and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
What's the first thing that happens when one of the most successful physician groups in Orange County comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With Monarch HealthCare joining Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. With a vibrant network of hospitals and urgent care centers, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Ambulatory, RN Case Manager, case management, Irvine, registered nurse, case management, CA, Monarch, California