Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
As Product Director, you will be vital to our success and drive future growth. You will develop the strategy and vision for product roadmaps; establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders; design and develop solutions for populations and markets; and evaluate product performance for future enhancements. You will join an elite team to lead large projects and influence leadership successfully to adapt and embrace change, helping to heal the health care system and bring services to our Members.
The scope of the position leverages in-depth quantitative skills and knowledge of the Medicaid complex population market.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead product development activities for the Foster Care population that result in market-ready solutions and capabilities. Participate, as needed, in additional complex population development
- Think strategically and creatively, about how the consumer experience and market trends influence innovations in Medicaid populations, translating a vision to processes and requirements
- Participate in the overall Foster Care business strategy and align the objectives of Foster Care to the broader goals of the collective enterprise
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Partner with Finance and Affordability teams to analyze competitors, track trends, price products, and measure affordability for Medicaid
- Partner with Behavioral Health Solutioning team on responding to RFPs
- Manage cross-segment projects and initiatives that require problem solving, relationship building, influencing and analyzing
- Influence innovation across a matrix of teams to ensure alignment; cohesive progress across multiple areas including technology, marketing, reporting, training, human capital and service operations
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of Product Management/Product Development/Product Operations experience
- Experience with the Foster Care population
- Strong background and/or understanding of the healthcare industry, Medicaid managed care experience and risk product development experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Proficient in interpreting and analyzing data to support decision making
- Experience with effectively presenting to Senior Management
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel, Power Point Skills and Word skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Ability to think and act strategically, and as well as execute tactically with bias toward action
- Proven results in building programs that improve quality
- Product development, product management, operational or financial strategy development experience within a matrix organization
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; Brings an ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.