Searching for a job can be overwhelming at times. But it doesn’t have to be that way. At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we provide full transparency into our hiring process – from the moment you begin your search to applying for a position, preparing for an interview and a potential offer of employment. This page will help you know what to expect as you pursue the opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Learn more about our Service Operations hiring process
Start Searching & Apply Online
Your time is precious. Our search tools are easy. With access from any page, you can zero in on positions that most closely match your skills, background and ambitions. Here’s how:
- Click the “JOBS” link in the main navigation or use the colored search bar at the top of every page.
- Enter specific key words, such as a job title, a location, and/or job field of interest and click “Go” to view all openings that meet your desired criteria.
- Use the “Quick Look” button to get a snapshot of what a job entails. If you like the preview, click “learn more” for a full view of the job details.
- If you find a job(s) you like but are not ready to apply, use the bookmark or sharing tools to save it to your list, email or send text a message to remind yourself to come back and view later.
Now that you’ve found open positions; it’s time to start applying. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking to join us.
After you apply, your resume will be reviewed by our recruiters to ensure that you meet all the qualifications required.
You will receive an e-mail alerting you of your application status and you can also check your status via our careers website.
If you meet all of the qualifications, a recruiter may initiate the next steps – this can be a phone interview, pre-employment assessment or video interview.
After the Interview process, a hiring decision will be made. If you are offered a position, it will come in the form of a verbal offer of employment, followed by an email when you accept.
Offer & Welcome
Congratulations on becoming a new employee! Your hiring manager or recruiter will convey further details including start dates, benefits, training, on-boarding information.
Ask questions, get interview tips, find out how to make your career search a success. Chat live with a UnitedHealth Group Recruiter and find the answers you need. Click the link below to select your preferred career area and find the Live Chat hours to get started. You’ll find real answers in real time to make your career search a success.
We’re a leading health services and innovation company, dedicated to helping the health system work better for everyone. With more than 115,000 people collaborating
worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of healthcare.
- Founded in 2011, now with offices in more than 150 countries.
- Revenue: $67.7 Billion (2015).
- Partnering with 300 health plans globally to help improve health systems and benefit as many people as possible.
- Supporting hundreds of life sciences companies as they research and develop new treatments.
- Working with 67,000 pharmacies to aid in getting people the best care and treatments they need.
- Touching the lives of more than 175 million people worldwide.