Finding a new job can be one of the most stressful times in your life. Applying for a job at a large and complex organization like UnitedHealth Group can seem tough even though you already have a foot in the door here. We are looking for the best fit for each role, and that can take time. However, integrity and transparency are important to us. It's so important, that we are making our recruiters available every week to answer your questions.
Just like an interview, you should come to Recruiter Chat prepared to get the most out of the experience. You can use this tool to stay up to date with current applications and gain feedback on previous ones. The resources can go far beyond tactical updates. Here are some steps to get your recruiter chat conversations started, and walk away feeling more informed.
1. Set goals. Ask yourself: what am I hoping to get out of this conversation?
2. Identify what questions will help you get to your goal. Here are some sample questions to consider:
- I currently work in “x” role right now and am looking to develop into “y” role, what skills or experiences should I seek out to ensure I’m qualified?
- I have applied to several positions where I am meeting the required and the preferred qualifications; however, I have not had much success in gaining an interview. Are there any resources I can use to move forward?
- I’m looking to move departments. Are the recruiting and hiring process the same as the one I am currently working in?
- There are so many different roles within the organization. How do I find the right fit for me?
You should leave your conversation with the recruiter feeling like you accomplished your goal or have been provided the tools and resources to continue researching how to grow and develop.
After your chat session, we want you to feel comfortable with the waiting period for a current application, ready to take on a new one, or have a better sense of whether or not you are the best fit for that role - it is ok if you are not! Either way, you should feel like you made the most of your recruiter chat session!.
Click here to visit Recruiter Chat