If you’ve been referred to our company that means someone thinks you are ready to take your career to the next level. Employee referrals are a two-way process, requiring participation on the part of both the current employee and you as the person being referred, in order to complete the application process. If you have been referred for a position, and you are ready to help improve the lives and health of others, follow the steps below to make the most of this opportunity:
1. Take a look at the position you were referred to by visiting our careers website.
2. Before applying, ask yourself these three questions: “Does UnitedHealth Group’s culture, mission and values align with what you’re looking for?”, “Does your experience and skills match the required qualifications and do you meet most of the preferred qualifications?” and “Does this sound like a role you are interested in, and is it a fit for your career goals and passions?”
- If the answer is “yes!” to both questions, prepare for our hiring process by taking advantage of our Getting Hired preparation tools.
- If the position for which you were referred is not a fit for you, search for other positions that might be a better fit and apply. Can't find an opening right that’s right for you? Network with us to subscribe to emails from us on future openings.
3. Create a profile on our careers website and apply for the position.
4. Watch videos of real employees and see how they bring their passion to UnitedHealth Group.
5. Check the status of your application selecting My Dashboard on our careers website. You will also discover these other features:
- Job alerts when there is a job status change.
- See recommended events and chats based on your career area of interest.
- Discover relevant information and tips personalized for you, wherever you are in your application process.
6. Have specific questions about the job posting or your application? Live chat with a recruiter! Click on the career area that is relevant to you to chat with a recruiter specialized in your area of interest during chat hours.
If you've been referred to UnitedHealth Group, now is the time to act and take hold of your future. This could be an opportunity to discover your life's best work.SM