Ready to apply? That's great! Or maybe you've applied a few times and clicked on this blog out of frustration. Whatever the reason, we’re glad you're here. Let's get down to the nitty gritty and give you the information you’re looking for. We've put together some tips based to help you be more successful when applying at UnitedHealth Group.
Here are 6 tips you should know when you apply:
1. Make sure you meet all the required qualifications. It’s easy to read a job posting and think that you meet all of the requirements, but what does this really mean for you? Your application must reflect that you meet every single requirement listed in order to be considered for the position. You can find the listed requirements toward the bottom of each job description. For example: if Joe has 1 ½ years of experience in customer service but the listing states 2 years is required, he does not meet the minimum qualifications.
2. Tailor your resume. It’s important to be clear about your objectives and what you want from a career at UnitedHealth Group, and communicate your skills and qualifications clearly and concisely. To learn more about what we’re looking for, click here.
3. Ask your friends and family for feedback. Ask them if your resume clearly communicates where you would like to go with your career, and ask them to proofread it for errors.
4. Don’t give up! Keep in mind that meeting minimum requirements helps hiring managers know that you’re qualified for the job, and that some positions can be very competitive with candidates meeting many or all of the preferred qualifications. Persistence is key! It is not uncommon to submit a few applications before you get the phone interview request you’ve been waiting for.
5. Set up job alerts. Found an interesting position, but it doesn’t check all your boxes? Perhaps we don’t have what you’re looking for…yet. It can be tough to identify the best opportunities for you, but setting up job alerts can help with that. Click here to learn how.
We know sometimes getting that dream job can take patience and persistence. These tips should help you navigate our hiring process a little easier and better. Still want more information? Take advantage of our Getting Hired page for more tips that will help you put your best foot forward.