Optum offers a unique opportunity for Philippines Registered Nurses who are currently working at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group to elevate their careers. The United States Registered Nurse (USRN) Academy provides training and resources for nurses to prepare and pass the U.S. based NCLEX-RN exam, resulting in the ability to professionally practice as a USRN at Optum. Here are things you need to know about the USRN Academy:
1. To join the USRN Academy, you need to have an active license as a Philippines registered nurse with at least 2 years of significant hospital experience in any of the following areas: Intensive Care Unit, Medical Surgical Ward, Telemetry, Cardio Care, and specialty areas.
Here are the other needed requirements:
- GPA (average of TOR): 84% and above (Preferred)
- Nursing Licensure Exam Score: 80% and above (Preferred)
- CAT Score: 2.4 or better (Optional)
- Passing mark in a typing test
- Must pass an online pre-assessment exam and Clinical Acumen Interview
2. Aside from an in-house instructor, Optum employs experts on National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) training and testing strategy preparations to ensure success in acquiring U.S. nurse-licensure.
3. The USRN Academy review course runs for 11 weeks – from onboarding to NCLEX Licensure.
4. The application process takes place 3-months ahead of onboarding, which includes intention to join, enrollment, screening AND gathering of your required documents.
5. Once you pass the NCLEX, you will be assigned to different clinical teams at Optum to work as a nurse in a corporate environment where you’ll help create and deliver quality health care solutions.
6. The academy offers a new kind of opportunity and growth through new methods of providing high quality and personalized services.
7. All USRN Academy students must apply for U.S. licensure.
Be part of this exciting program. Visit our careers website to apply for a clinical career at Optum or email your questions to USRNAcademy@optum.com