Let’s face it, if you enjoy working in consulting it’s because you want to be in the spotlight constantly. You want clients to count on you for expertise and insight that supplements their own in-house capabilities. You also want to showcase your own thinking and ideas precisely because you’ve worked so hard to develop them. And that’s why you’ll want to be a consultant here. With UnitedHealth Group and the consulting teams we’ve put together in our Optum family of businesses, the spotlight could not be brighter and the challenges could not be bigger. We serve a dynamic, changing and incredibly complex industry and we share knowledge that our clients can’t find anywhere else. Our focus is on the payer, provider and employer marketplace. By bringing the best to our clients, you’re also driving great results for the patients they serve while doing your life’s best work.℠
What you Need To Know
- The professional consultant lifestyle may involve being on the road up to 80% of the time as you work onsite at payer clients.
- These assignments involve constant change.
- You’ll be working among a diverse and high performance team of professionals both internally and externally on a client site.
- Our consulting practice is growing precisely because we have demonstrated strategic expertise in the kinds of change brought on by health care reform.
What We Are Looking For
- You need to be willing to travel to be on site at the client, Mon.-Thurs. most weeks.
- Substantial professional consulting practice experience is essential.
- We prefer health care payer or provider experience, but depending on the role it may not be required.
- You must have demonstrated, strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment is essential.
Health Plan Consulting
Business Advisory Consultant
You'll help in this consulting role as you contribute to cross-functional teams spanning care management and coordination, medical management, clinical IT, product management and development, quality improvement, provider networks, healthcare analytics as well as with other internal business partners.
Business Advisory Consultant Director
In this role, you'll be leading large scale projects in acute care settings where you'll conduct gap analysis and provide consultative guidance on best practices and innovative solutions.
Business Advisory Consultant Manager
Take on this challenge and you'll be supporting our provider assessment operations as well as implementing population health management capabilities and programs.
Senior Business Advisor Consultant
You'll help in this consulting role as you contribute to cross-functional teams spanning care management and coordination, medical management, clinical IT, product management and development, quality improvement, provider networks, health care analytics as well as with other internal business partners.