What’s the difference between this and other customer service jobs? You. Better yet, you making a difference in the lives of our members every day. As a trusted member of our customer service team at UnitedHealth Group, your ability to listen, understand, research solutions and solve problems will drive positive health outcomes for our members. Whether they’re confused or frustrated or simply curious, your skills and patience will help you win the day and a lot of gratitude. We’ll support you with the latest tools, advanced, continuous training and the combined strength of a high caliber team. You’ll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global company. Learn more about why this is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- We’ll rely heavily on your ability to multi-task during calls as you juggle engaging the caller and seeking out solutions.
- This is a fast-paced, highly-structured office-based environment.
- You’ll take calls from members and/or providers and use a variety of computer-based tools to research their specific benefits plans/coverage.
- You will be measured on your performance with a focus on efficiency, accuracy, quality and attendance.
- To be successful in this career, you’ll need to combine a high degree of compassion and emotional resilience as you help our members deal with tough situations.
What We Are Looking For
- We are looking for people with at least 1 year of customer service or related experience.
- We require an education level of at least a high school diploma, GED or 10 years of equivalent working experience.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Experience and strong aptitude with MS Excel, Word, Access and Outlook applications is essential.
- Attention to detail is critical in this line of work as you will need to retain a lot of complex information.
Explore Customer Service and Call Center Careers
You like working with people. And even more so, you like helping them. This is your chance to join a team dedicated to helping our members, customers and providers every day.
Customer Service Advocate
As a customer service advocate, every call represents a new opportunity to help our members lead healthier lives.
Customer Service Quality
Take this opportunity to join our elite team that works every day to ensure we are providing the best possible experience to our customers. Bring your analytical, auditing and process improvement skills to a role where you will analyze our current customer service processes and identify gaps to improve our overall effectiveness.
Customer Service Representative
We're going to be keeping you busy as you help callers with plan selection and enrollment and help educate them about how to maximize their benefits, their health options and their overall well-being.
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative
As a Pharmacy Customer Service Representative, you'll be a key member of our team as you field calls from physicians offices and hospital admissions teams to research coverages for our members.
Product Support Representative
Bring your excellent customer service and product knowledge to a role where you will act as an outward-facing, dedicated resource for product support. You’ll be a key resource to our customers.
Provider Customer Service Representative
You'll be a key member of our team as you field calls from physicians offices and hospital admissions teams to research coverages for our members.
Service Account Management
We've worked like crazy to win client business and implement our services on their behalf. Now we'll count on you to develop positive relationships with those clients as you partner with them, provide ongoing consultation and uncover growth opportunities.
Traffic Workforce Representative
Meeting our service level agreements is critical. And that's why we rely on brilliant people like you. When you bring your customer service and claims expertise to our traffic/ workforce management team, you’ll work to optimize the way our call center teams run.