There’s something about the people who have taken UnitedHealth Group to the level of Fortune 14 leadership we’re known for today. And it’s a huge something. People here bring a passion for innovation, an intensity of purpose and a sense of conviction that drives exceptional performance in the marketplace. Now the question is, can you bring creativity and energy and excitement for new ideas that will help us sustain our performance? We’re a complex organization with a diverse mix of services and products, a technologically advanced approach to health care solutions and a hunger that ensures we’ll never stop changing. Join our marketing team and get ready to stretch. We have challenges that not only bring out your best, they raise it to a whole new level. That makes this an incredible opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- You should be adept at building consensus and driving new solutions across a diverse matrix of internal decision makers.
- Our business leaders believe that marketing must rise to the level of urgency that our marketplace opportunities demand. We push ourselves to meet ambitious timelines and goals.
- The Affordable Care Act Exchanges require selling direct to consumers and we’re shifting to the mindset that makes us competitive in that context.
- Success here depends on how well we get information to consumers and drive action. You need to be ready to create and champion innovative strategies.
What We Are Looking For
- Your business acumen should include comfort with using data driven analysis to drive marketing strategy.
- As consumer choice and participation in health decisions continue to grow, human centered design is important in these roles.
- As you can imagine, digital and social experience is going to be a key business focus as we move forward.
- Prior health care experience can be helpful, but success here is also within reach for anyone who brings drive and creativity.
- We’re focused on developing solution-based marketing efforts that take advantage of our product/service diversity in new combinations and bundles.
Explore Marketing and Advertising Careers
As Creative Director, you'll be responsible for the quality of the marketing team's creative output. You'll produce and oversee production of bold, strategic, persuasive messaging designed for all types of media.
Director of Marketing Research
With all the changes sweeping through health care, nothing's changing faster the customer expectations. You'll help us understand what's going on and why in this role.
Senior Marketing Director
Positions in this function are involved in developing market strategies to support products and drive membership/sales growth.
Put your talents to work with an industry leader as you help execute brand strategies to support brand enhancement and drive membership growth.
VP of Consumer Strategy
This consumer focused that involves developing, translating and executing strategies that directly impact our functional/operational objectives for a region, line of business, or major portion of a business segment functional area.
VP of Marketing
Few firms in the world can match the diversity and breadth of our product offerings. You'll help bring a high level of performance to those efforts in this role as you help define and execute the marketing strategy and programs that build brands and drive growth for an assigned business segment.