What if you could drastically increase the impact you make, whilst opening yourself up to incredible career opportunities and still be working at your highest level of compassion? You can. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, provides all of the above while putting you among one of the largest, most diverse and high energy clinical teams across the world. Our nurses work in a variety of capacities to address the needs of our members and coordinate their care across a spectrum of health providers. This includes opportunities for you to positively impact members in our community including Case Management, Utilisation Review, Prior Authorisation, Quality, Complex Conditions, Advanced Illness, Hospice and more.
We offer incredible opportunities for growth and leadership development through courses and mentorship programmes. Many of our leadership positions allow you to provide member care while leveraging your clinical leadership experience through the direct oversight of a team of talented clinicians who deliver cutting edge care. Your compassion, commitment and energy can help transform health care and result in your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- You will leverage and maximise your business operations skills and competences and continue to grow into nursing leadership positions.
- Many of our jobs require diplomacy as you coordinate care with primary care givers and support teams.
- In telephonic roles, you will be called upon to multi-task as you interpret patient information, do notation and engage in dialogue simultaneously.
- You will need to spend a considerable amount of time at the computer for planning, documentation, training and team coordination.
What We Are Looking For
- You must have a current, unrestricted nursing qualification within the Republic of Ireland.
- You should be adept in using complex medical terminology and codes.
- Your ability to navigate and enter data into a clinical database will be vital to your success in all of our roles.
- Strong problem-solving skills are needed to help you identify reasonable and proactive solutions to standard and non-standard requests and problems.
- We look for demonstrated customer service orientation with ability to steer difficult conversations to a positive outcome.
- Prior clinical experience is a requirement for these positions while a background in managed care is preferred.
- You should be self-directed and work well in a performance oriented setting.
Explore Nurse and Nurse Leadership Careers
Director of Medical and Clinical Operations
Clinical Operations leaders are designing the development and implementation of programmes and products that make us a leader in the healthcare industry. This could be your opportunity to direct the delivery of care in order to support better health outcomes across our member base.
Manager of Case Management
Here is an opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled clinicians across the entire continuum of care. This is where you can utilise your leadership, organisational skills and most importantly compassion to have an impact on the care we deliver to our members.
Registered Nurses play a vital role contributing to the quality of care we deliver to our members. Discover the different career opportunities for Registered Nurses here.
Utilisation Management RN
We're not only concerned about the health of each member, we also focus on making the health system work better for everyone. Utilisation Management RNs ensure that care plans are designed to fit the individual needs of each and every person we work with.