Here’s an opportunity to fully utilize your organizational skills, focus and energy in a role that can elevate your career and your sense of impact. Our support roles are found in a variety of clinical environments such as on a clinical support team, a call center team, or even at a health care clinic. There are a lot of moving parts and some great opportunities to make a difference. You’ll directly assist members, providers, and clinicians with a number of duties such as data entry, education, and coordinating services and solutions. Change is a constant here. It creates excitement and learning opportunities every day. You’ll work with advanced technologies and the kind of tools and resources you would expect to find in a global organization.
It’s a culture of innovation and growth that helps you take on new challenges and responsibilities. It’s your chance to help improve life for millions of people and a role that can lead to your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- This is an opportunity to fully utilize your medical expertise and your knowledge of CPT/diagnosis codes and CMC guidelines.
- These roles involve helping to ensure compliance with both government and individual contract guidelines and policies.
- Your contribution may involve analysis of claims to prevent the payment of those that are potentially fraudulent and/or abusive.
- We will challenge you with special projects and reporting assignments.
What We Are Looking For
- A medical degree such as BHMS / BAMS/BUMS/BPT/MPT is required.
- You should have a high level of proficiency with computer software.
- We prefer knowledge of U.S. health care and coding.
- We seek individuals who pay strong attention to detail and are quality focused.
- You should have good analytical and comprehension skills.
- We look for candidates with 0-3 years of experience.
Explore Clinical Support Careers:
Welcome to health care change. Everywhere you look, Optum is making a difference. We're out to help make health care work better for everyone and that means we have clinical teams in place to care for patients in their homes, in clinics, in short term acute care and long term care facilities.
Featured Employee Profile
"My job, just like my baking, requires patience and precision. What I love the most is seeing the finished product and the joy it brings to others."
See my full profile