What’s your next move? How about right to the leading edge of health care—where you’ll find Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses setting the pace for quality, service and employee development. In fact, that’s more than a move, it’s a leap. Join one of our high performing teams and you can play a critical role in creating a quality experience for our members or, possibly, help us head off fraudulent behavior. In most of our roles, you’ll be called on to resolve claims inquiries for our members. You’ll review coverage, policy details and specifics about each claim, then help resolve problems. If you have a high degree of personal accountability, attention to detail and a love of problem-solving, we can provide the challenge you need and the career opportunities you want. Let’s talk. This could be your opportunity to expand your career as you do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- Bring your listening skills, emotional strength and attention to detail as you work to ensure every member gets a full and fair review of their claim.
- You will be measured on your performance – efficiency, accuracy, quality and attendance. It’s critical you process claims accurately and timely, the first time.
- You have to have a high degree of personal accountability, attention to detail and love to problem-solve.
- You’ll be dealing with tough situations – every day you’ll be handling sensitive information about services received by patients and the billing method used.
What We Are Looking For
- You’ll need at least 6 months of experience in a customer service/back office or related experience.
- Experience and strong aptitude with MS Excel, Word, Access and Outlook applications is essential.
- We require graduation (non-technical) or an equivalent degree.
- The ability to multi-task is essential including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product.
- A strong sense of focus is required to effectively manage tasks.
- At least 1 year of health care claims experience is preferred.
Explore Claims Careers
Associate Claims Representative
Grab this entry level position and put yourself into a career opportunity with incredible potential for growth. As an Associate Claims Representative, you’ll be responsible for handling incoming healthcare claims ensuring a high level of customer service and productivity by accurately processing claims.
Claims Adjustment Representative
Your Claims, Office, or Customer Service experience will be vital to this role in which you analyze and solve customer problems You'll work through our various claim processing systems to complete all closed and denied cases.
Claims Adjustment Specialist
You're the one that our teams will turn to for help in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims. Your experience in claims will open the door to greater challenges, opportunity and impact.
Claims Appeals Representative
We'll depend on you to communicate some of our most critical information to the appropriate people regarding appeals and grievance issues, implications and decisions. You’ll put your research skills to work to explore how claims were processed and, eventually, denied.
Claims Payment Resolution Representative
Make the most of your combined detective skills and claims experience in this specialty area of healthcare claims processing. You'll be responsible for reviewing healthcare claims to uncover any inaccurate payments and then take the necessary steps to recover any over payment of funds.
Claims Representative Supervisor
Your claims expertise will be vital to our team as you lead a high performance team to reach even higher. You’ll be empowered to create a quality member experience by leading your team to achieve exceptional levels of accuracy in completing health care claims.
Featured Employee Profile
"My job is great because I have the freedom to create things and ensure that they work."
See my full profile