If you wanted to focus on the three things that set UnitedHealth Group on a path to the Fortune 6 status we enjoy today, you’d have to call out vision, courage and the collective ability of our leadership team to inspire over the top performance every single day. Now, what’s taken you to each new level of achievement in your career? If vision and courage are part of your mix, the odds are good that you’ve been an inspiration for high performing teams all along. So now the only question is, do you want to help us make history? This is the time. We are the place.
Health care will never the same and we will never settle for anything other than leadership. Hop on and together we can build achievements that stand as your life’s best work.SM
What You Need To Know
- There is an over-arching commitment here to leadership development with emphasis on training, mentoring and planned career progression.
- There are strong challenges here in navigating a complex matrix of business units and teams.
- With our shifting business models, you will often be confronted with novel or ambiguous situations that require strong and decisive strategic thinking.
- We work very hard, set very ambitious goals and rely heavily on collaboration to achieve results.
- Change is a constant and we will expect you to drive it as well as adapt to it.
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop teams against emerging objectives is essential to performance in our culture.
We want leaders who are focused on results and can inspire teams to new levels of achievement.
You should be willing to learn and excited about teaching.
Deep knowledge of the health care system and the impact of health reform is preferred for most positions.
Ability to create and effectively present financially sound business plans and proposals is preferred.
Explore Executive Careers
Executive in Residence
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
There is an over-arching commitment here to leadership development with emphasis on training, mentoring and planned career progression. There are strong challenges here in navigating a complex matrix of business units and teams.
Business Segment CIO
Positions in this function have been identified as part of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter with the world's large accumulation of health-related information.