This is a one in million opportunity. Why? Well first, the applications we develop empower more than 240,000 co-workers around the world and impact millions of lives every day. And the websites we build help create awareness, develop understanding, facilitate health interactions, advocate for proactive health strategies and much, much more for, drumroll, millions of people every day. This is opportunity on the largest stage you can find. You will work on cutting edge technology because you’re working on a team where ovation is always on the forefront of our minds. This is a career home to some of the best and brightest in health care or anywhere. It’s a performance based environment with unlimited opportunities for technical and professional growth. It’s also the place where you’ll be pushed like you’ve never been pushed before. And that constant drive to do better is why you’ll soon find yourself doing your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- We consider ourselves to be a leading technology company that’s serving the health care system.
- The development environment is very fast-paced and constantly changing.
- You will be called up on to present ideas and systems to our leadership teams.
- This is a performance culture and there will be times when you will need to go the extra mile to help meet tight deadlines.
- Some of our work involves developing commercial software products and services for the government sector including U.S. Health Care Exchanges.
What We Are Looking For
Experience in large-scale environments using methodologies such as: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum and Six Sigma is preferred.
- We put a premium on having strong business acumen in the health care, insurance or financial industries.
- In addition to the technical skills requirements of each role, we look for candidates who have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Explore Applications & Web Development Careers
Lead Software Engineer
Our mission is clear. We’re focused on making the health system work better for everyone. And we consider software engineers like you as the vital element in transformational change. In this role, you will be a principle contributor to the design and architecture of powerful, effective solutions that enable secure, scalable, and maintainable services. This is where the future is being planned and brought to life. Join us.
Senior Software Engineer
You won't believe the kinds of software innovations we're uncorking at UnitedHealth Group. Well, actually you will be able to believe it because we're going to show you first-hand how our software engineers are changing the face of health as we know. This is innovation with a gigantic capital I. We need to identify a Senior Software Engineer to work on product domain technology. If that's you, you'll join a team that's working in an Agile environment with the goal and mission to deliver business value in the here and now. And along the way, impact the future forever.
Web Application Developer
We're in a digital world heading into a digital future. And when you think about the future of health care, it's people like you who are helping UnitedHealth Group lead the way. This position offers the opportunity to join an emerging department and work on new technology and digital health applications that dramatically improve the security, simplicity, speed, efficiency or experience of health care. What could be more challenging? What could be more worthwhile?