As the adoption of ICD-10 proceeds at a rapid pace, your skills and abilities are essential to an organization like UnitedHealth Group. With the breadth and depth of services we’re dealing with a large assortment of procedures and diagnoses for patients within an equally diverse assortment of care settings. Our Coders are critical contributors to a complex team of professionals all working to ensure accuracy, compliance and proper documentation. Whether you work in one of our office settings or at your home, the pace is quick and the bar for performance is very high. At the same time, you’ll have the support of co-workers who are smart, energetic, collaborative and fully supportive. Couple that with the expansive resources and tools you would expect in a global organization and your potential for success is unlimited. Take this opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- You’ll find strong resources and training to help keep you current on ICD-10 and subsequent code updates.
- For those who work in a home setting, you’ll need to ensure that your work environment is conducive to translating complex codes and values into meaningful notes for doctors and nurses to accurately treat patients.
- As a medical coder, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your coding expertise and grow into a Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) role.
What We Are Looking For
- We know that experience can come from a variety of avenues, but while level of schooling completed is flexible, we do require coding credentials from either AHIMA/AAPC (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P).
- With the changing face of the health care system, knowledge of ICD-10 and the ability to stay up-to-date on code changes or updates is integral to your success.
Explore Medical Coding Careers:
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
In this role, you’ll provide consulting services to strengthen and improve health care operations that result in stronger financial returns and a healthier health care system.
Join us and you'll be charged with accurately determining codes for all procedures/diagnoses both for records and transcription.