What if you could greatly increase your impact, open yourself to incredible career opportunities and still be working at your highest level of compassion? You can. Optum and UnitedHealth Group provide all of the above while putting you among one of the largest, most diverse and high energy clinical teams. Our nurses work in a variety of capacities to address the needs of our members and coordinate their care across a spectrum of health providers. One of our primary roles involves Case Management while others deal with exploring and providing Prior Authorization for patient care involving specialized procedures or treatment. There are also a large number of RNs and Nursing Managers who work with patients needing Advanced Illness or Hospice care. We offer incredible opportunities for growth and leadership development through courses and mentorship programs. Many of our leadership positions allow you to provide patient care while leveraging your clinical leadership experience through the direct oversight of a team of talented clinicians who deliver cutting edge care. Your compassion, commitment and energy can help transform health care and result in your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- We are participating in Medicare STARS Ratings and strive for a very high quality of care with every interaction.
- As you grow into nursing leadership positions, you will leverage and maximize your business operations skills and competences.
- Many of our jobs require diplomacy as you coordinate care with primary care givers and support teams.
- In telephonic roles, you will be called upon to multi-task as you interpret patient information, do notation and engage in dialogue simultaneously.
- Your work may happen in an office setting, from home or in a clinic, so you’ll need to be able to direct your own work and be responsible for your time.
- You will need to spend a considerable amount of time at the computer for planning, documentation, training and team coordination.
What We Are Looking For
- You must have a current, unrestricted nursing license within the state where you will be working or have the ability to obtain licensure.
- To qualify for one of our Nursing Leadership roles, we prefer you to have a BSN degree.
- You should be adept in using complex medical terminology and codes.
- Your ability to navigate and enter data into a clinical database will be important.
- Strong problem-solving skills are needed to help you identify reasonable and proactive solutions to standard and non-standard requests and problems.
- We look for demonstrated customer service orientation with ability to steer difficult conversations to a positive outcome.
- Prior clinical experience is a requirement for these positions while a background in managed care is preferred.
- You should be self-directed and work well in a performance oriented setting.
Explore Nurse and Nurse Leadership Careers:
Advanced Illness and Hospice RNs
You'll be a care giver and comfort provider as you coordinate care that's aligned to the physical, psychological and social needs of our patients and their families.
As a Case Management RN, your objective will be to drive positive outcomes by supporting a diverse member population with education, advocacy and the connections to the resources they need.
Director of Medical and Clinical Operations
You'll be responsible for providing clinical support, development and implementation of existing and new programs and products including leading clinical transformation teams.
Manager of Case Management
This management role is responsible for clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating).
Utilization Management RN
You'll work on a multidisciplinary team to help ensure that care settings of members meet their specific needs, co-manage member outcomes, reduce hospital bed days, provide discharge planning assistance and make referrals to other services when necessary.