Here’s an idea that may raise your pulse. It’s all about how you can raise your game with one of our country’s largest employers of Pharmacy professionals. Get to know OptumRX, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and you’ll be amazed by how much impact you can have and how many directions your career can take. We contribute to the well-being of patients in a variety of ways. Our Clinical Pharmacists provide pharmacotherapy consultations over the phone, within a cutting-edge, clinical setting. Other Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians help keep our expanding business focused, collaborative, and an innovation leader in the pharmacy benefit management (PBM) industry. Optum alone serves more than 13.5 million people through state-of-the-art mail service pharmacies and a national network of more than 67,000 community pharmacies. We also offer challenging opportunities in Pharmaceutical Research where you’ll have access to one of the world’s largest collections of data on treatments and outcomes. Explore our opportunities to utilize your expertise in a highly professional environment where the workplace is less stressful and interaction with other pharmacists and health professionals is abundant. You’ll soon realize that this is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- This is a fast-paced environment where change is a constant.
- Our pharmacology work takes place mainly over the phone where you will interact with providers and members to determine the proper medicines needed for treatment.
- You’ll need to think outside the box – identifying and recommending medications that will help prevent and effectively manage chronic disease.
- Our positions require strict attention to detail as you provide sound, evidence-based pharmacotherapy consultation within a system of established policies and procedures.
- Our focus on patients ensures that solutions are in their best interests while achieving maximum cost efficiency.
What We Are Looking For
- We require licensure as a Pharmacist.
- A Masters, MD or PhD is preferred for higher level positions.
- Experience within managed care and with Medicare/Medicaid is highly preferred.
- Licenses are required for employees handling prescriptions and some leadership positions.
- Successful researchers will have strong technical programming experience (EG. SQL).
- A license is not required for entry level pharmacy clerk positions.
Explore Pharmacy Careers:
Join us and you’ll interact with doctors on behalf of the patient to assure positive medication therapy.
You'll be hands-on as you assist in monitoring drug inventory within a highly evolved pharmacy mail order computer system.
You'll interact with doctors and patients to make sure that they receive appropriate medicines in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Pharmacy Technician Fulfillment
As a Fulfillment Technician, you'll be charged with manually filling prescriptions and assisting our inventory team in replenishing shelves and automated dispensing machines.
Research Analyst and Scientist
This role will provide challenge and growth potential as you write statistical analysis plans, conduct outcome analyses, and compile technical reports.