Do you have an appetite for challenge and a hunger to do meaningful work? Do you like to dig in and work through facts, solve problems and help clarify the situation? Great. We should be talking. Join our team and you’ll be a key contributor to positive and professional customer experiences. As a Billing Representative at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you’ll work by phone or correspondence to gather information and generate accurate billing statements. You’ll interact with customers to gather support data to ensure invoice accuracy and work through specific billing discrepancies. Based on the insights you gain in your role, we’ll also ask you for input to our evolving policies, systems, methods, and procedures. As you should expect from a global organization, you’ll have abundant opportunities to pursue training and learning experiences that drive new career opportunities and personal achievement. We are creating win-win situations for our members, our partners and for the people on our high performing teams. And that’s what makes this a mouth-watering opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- Every day you’ll work with some of our most critical information to make sure it is accurate so everything is processed correctly for our customers, the first time.
- Your attention to detail, passion for numbers and keen detective skills will be invaluable as you expedite our mission to help people lead healthier lives.
- You’ll handle escalated and complex customer issues, helping to provide a resolution for the account.
- Your patience and compassion will be put to the test.
What We Are Looking For
- We require an education level of at least 2nd year college undergraduate of any course.
- At least 1 year of experience performing billing and/or follow-up functions within a multi-provider environment is also a must
- You’ll need to have demonstrated success working in a team environment focused on meeting organization goals and objectives.
- Experience and strong aptitude with MS Excel, Word, Access and Outlook applications is essential.
Explore Billing Careers:
You will be contacting and consulting with patients and/or their families who have outstanding medical bills.
You’ll work directly with our customers to identify reasons for late payments and work to set up payment plans that work for them.