What’s the difference between this and other customer service jobs? You. Better yet, you making a difference in the lives of our members every day. As a trusted customer service representative of Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, your ability to listen, understand, research solutions and solve problems will drive positive health outcomes for our members. Whether they’re confused or frustrated or simply curious, your skills and patience will help you win the day and a lot of gratitude. We’ll support you with the latest tools, advanced, continuous training and the combined strength of a high caliber team. You’ll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global company. Learn more about why this is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
We’ll rely heavily on your ability to multi-task during calls as you juggle engaging the caller and seeking out solutions.
- This is a fast-paced, highly-structured office-based environment.
- You’ll take calls from members and/or providers and use a variety of computer-based tools to research their specific benefits plans/coverage.
- You will be measured on your performance with a focus on efficiency, accuracy, quality and attendance.
- To be successful in this career, you’ll need to combine a high degree of compassion and emotional resilience as you help our members deal with tough situations.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for people with at least 6 months of customer service or related experience.
- We require an education level of at least a 2nd year college undergraduate of any course.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Experience and strong aptitude with MS Excel, Word, Access and Outlook applications is essential.
- Attention to detail is critical in this line of work as you will need to retain a lot of complex information.
Explore Customer Service & Call Center Careers
You’ll use your excellent customer service and problem solving skills to answer questions, resolve issues and educate our members.
Customer Service Advocate
In this job, every call represents a new opportunity to help our members lead healthier lives.
Customer Service Quality
You’ll define and recommend process improvements to meet and exceed our current customer service needs.
Customer Service Representative
You will help callers with plan selection and enrollment and help educate them about how to maximize their benefits, their health options and their overall well-being.
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative
Play a vital role in the lives of our members as you answer and resolve questions about their pharmacy benefits and help expedite delivery of the medicines they need.
Product Support Representative
You’ll work to develop relationships with customers, identify and resolve any issues, and act as their advocate.
Provider Customer Service Representative
You'll be a key member of our team as you field calls from physicians offices and hospital admissions teams to research coverages for our members.
Service Account Management
You’ll be the first to respond to and resolve escalated issues with the client and be the #1 reason why they keep their accounts with us.
Traffic Workforce Representative
Your work will enhance the performance of the way we deliver service and improve the overall health and well-being of the people we serve.