What’s the most important thing you need to know about software engineering at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses? It’s simply this: our moment is upon us. There’s never been a more momentous time for engineers who want to use technology to transform how people manage their health, recover from disease, interface with the health care system and much, much more. We’re creating novel software products that will be commercialized for distribution across the global health system. But while our story is only in the first chapters, we’re no start-up. This is a team with the global resources of Optum. It’s an expanding team with an appetite for driving change. It’s a team that’s working in smart and focused ways to create big and meaningful change. Join us. You can play a role, challenge yourself like never before and, ultimately, create your life’s best work.SM
What you Need To Know
- While we have the spirit of a start-up, as a publicly traded company in a highly regulated industry, we also have some restraints relevant to data security, protection of patient information and investor protections.
- Our resources and financial strength come from the size of our organization. But so does the need for structure and that means working with software tools and data sets that we’re sharing across the enterprise.
- Our size and complexity will require you to learn how to navigate our enterprise and find the resources you need within our technology teams.
- We have a vision, but we’re still building. It will take resilience and leadership on everyone’s part to help us build an organization that can achieve incredible results.
What We Are Looking For
- You will need to have substantial software engineering experience involving development and commercialization of novel products.
- Agile and Scrum experience is essential.
- The size and structure of our organization requires ability to develop relationships and collaborate effectively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- We seek people who have a sense of urgency to do it first and do it best.
Explore Technology Careers
Join our applications development team and you can participate in all phases of the software development life cycle that enable our Fortune 6 organization to operate and grow.
Are you ready for a bigger role on a better team? Your expertise in building and maintaining databases will help thousands upon thousands of people working in the health and pharmaceutical industries make data-based decisions.
IT Project Manager
Join us as an IT Project Manager and you'll help define and drive quantifiable business results within a technology organization that is fueling UnitedHealth Group's industry shaping influence and performance.
IT Senior Manager
Let this be your eye-opening opportunity to lead global teams and enable our thriving, technology driven business. You'll connect with business partners, set vision, strategies, and goals as you ensure delivery of quantifiable business results.
IT Systems Architect
Well, welcome to the most exciting place on earth. During your technology career at UnitedHealth Group, you’ll create the roadmaps for our future by developing technology architectures that will take our company forward as we help change health care forever.
You'll join a team that's out to design and build world-class voice, data and video networks that enable our business and our customers to connect.
Technology is changing it for the better. This is our time and that makes this your best opportunity to have influence and impact on the lives of millions.