Diversity and Our Core Values
At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Our five core values are integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. These core values are embedded into our greater mission of helping people live healthier lives.
Diversity Drives Empowerment
Our commitment to diversity empowers our employees to contribute their best work, collaborating to be the preeminent health and well-being company and community partner of choice. By leveraging the depth of a diverse workforce, we can better meet the needs of the increasingly multi-cultural clients, communities, individuals and shareholders we serve.
Diversity Through Recruitment and Partnerships
From the high-performing people we hire, to the health care services we provide, we advocate the possibilities of unique thinking.
We're committed to creating an inclusive environment fueled by innovative ideas. Our employees have diverse cultural backgrounds, beliefs, perspectives, and lifestyles. But they all have one thing in common — their ability to excel.
We’re dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for his or her unique experience and contributions. Some examples of our recruiting efforts include:
- Attending flagship conferences and career fairs including, The National Black MBA Association, National Society of Hispanic MBA’s, LGBT Reaching Out MBA, The Forum on Workplace Inclusion and National Sales Network conferences. Additionally we have strong partnerships with local chapters of many of these national organizations.
- Sponsoring interns from INROADS, an international, nonprofit organization that places talented college students of color in internships with companies across the nation.
- Hosting an annual Campus Talent Summit, a summer mentorship program for diverse students.
- Supporting our Diverse Scholars Program which awarded nearly $2 Million in scholarships to 175 diverse students pursuing health careers.
- Leveraging online resources to seek out the best talent such as posting and sourcing top candidates from diversity specific job boards and.
- Partnering with AARP to support the sourcing of 50+ candidates.
- Partnering with agencies, education and government programs that support and serve candidates with disabilities such as Welfare to Work and Lifeworks.
Join our community and Network With Us to begin receiving updates from UnitedHealth Group.
Visit our Newsroom to read other ways we're making an impact
Learn more about our diversity initiatives
Read our equal opportunity and affirmative action statement